Friday, September 7, 2018

Feedback Strategies

The two articles that I read for this assignment were How to Give Feedback Without Sounding Like a Jerk by Adam Grant and Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset by Gravity Goldberg. I personally really enjoyed these readings. I believe that in order to further and better yourself, you need to understand how to take negative feedback, and know how to give it. At first, it may seem harsh or mean, but we are ultimately improving our abilities which is a good thing. I liked the suggestions that were presented by Mr. Grant. He gave a couple of tips on how we can give negative feedback without sounding insensitive, such as "explaining why you are giving the feedback, bringing yourself down to the same level as the other person, and even asking if the person is wanting the constructive feedback."

I believe we all should be open to "constructive feedback."

Feedback: Pixabay 


No comments:

Post a Comment