Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Time Strategies

Being a pre-med student, tutoring, shadowing, volunteering, and participating in research (which is a big time consumer) can be very stressful at times. I feel as if there needs to be more time in the day! Therefore, time management is vital for me to succeed and do well here at the university. Whether it comes down to planning out the next month, week, or minute of the day, time management strategies are crucial to me.

One article I liked in particular, was the one written by Lauren Marchese "The Psychology of Checklists." This is a method that I utilize every day. By being able to scratch out a deed from my checklist, helps motivate me to feel like I have accomplished a goal for the day. Eventually, marking off little deeds every day will lead to accomplishing a big goal.

The other article I read was "How to Beat Procrastination" by Caroline Webb. I especially liked this article due to one of her statements. Which was "How can you become less myopic about your elusive tasks? It’s all about rebalancing the cost-benefit analysis: make the benefits of an action feel bigger, and the costs of an action feel smaller. The reward for doing a pestering task needs to feel larger than the immediate pain of tackling it."

Set small goals every day! Time Managment 

No comments:

Post a Comment